Wouldn’t it be great if you knew exactly what questions a hiring manager would be asking you in your next job interview?
We can’t read minds, unfortunately, but we’ll give you the next best thing: a list of more than 40 of the most commonly asked interview questions, along with advice for answering them all.
While we don’t recommend having a canned response for every interview question (in fact, please don’t), we do recommend spending some time getting comfortable with what you might be asked, what hiring managers are really looking for in your responses, and what it takes to show that you’re the right person for the job.
Consider this list your interview question and answer study guide.
- Tell Me About Yourself.
- How Did You Hear About This Position?
- Why Do You Want to Work at This Company?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What Are Your Greatest Strengths?
- What Do You Consider to Be Your Weaknesses?
- What Is Your Greatest Professional Achievement?
- Tell Me About a Challenge or Conflict You’ve Faced at Work, and How You Dealt With It.
- Tell Me About a Time You Demonstrated Leadership Skills.
See all 47 interview questions and how to answer them.